This is a master article for Collect-Deep Link
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is UPI?
- What can I use it for?
- What are the limits on UPI?
- How does UPI work?
- Why do UPI links not work on iOS the same way as on Android?
What is UPI?
- UPI is a real-time, instant payment system developed by NPCI, with which funds can be transferred instantly to any bank account. UPI Deep Links are a medium through which details of a transaction can be shared across all UPI / banking apps, in line with NPCI specs.
What can I use it for?
Provide a few bill details, to generate UPI deep links. Our links conform to NPCI specs and ensure that your end customers can make payments using any UPI app available on their phone, like PhonePe, GPay or PayTM. Share the payment link with your customers over any channel of your choice - WhatsApp, SMS, e-mail, even as dynamic or printed QR codes.
What are the limits on UPI?
- The NPCI has set a transaction limit and per day transaction limit for UPI transfers. At present, the UPI transfer limit per UPI transaction is ₹1 Lakh. This limit is enabled as UPI is based on IMPS technology.
- In most of the cases, the maximum number of UPI transactions is limited to 20.
- Although the transaction limit per UPI transaction is ₹1 lakh, the upper limit depends on bank-to-bank. Therefore, the upper limit could be between ₹10,000- ₹1 lakh.
- The transaction limit per day for UPI transactions is ₹1 Lakh.
- The maximum limit for BHIM UPI is ₹10,000 per transaction and ₹20,000 in a 24 hour window.
- The limit may be revised from time-to-time.
How does UPI work?
Why do UPI links not work on iOS the same way as on Android?
- On iOS, there are certain limitation for how deep links work.
- We have provided the option to work with the top UPI apps in the country, or to scan the QR code using any UPI compliant app.
- These features are available on the shortURL provided by Setu.