If you require the capability to match the name and year of birth of the signer with the Aadhaar data received from UIDAI, we can offer that feature during your onboarding process.
This name match feature is performed by means of fuzzy matching, so you can set a percentage threshold for name matching. Any name match that falls below this threshold will be automatically rejected during the signing process.
The error reason will be displayed to the end-user on the final eSign page prior to redirection.
You can refer to the error codes listed to see the specific error code and message that will be displayed.
Below are some sample accept and reject scenarios:
- If both names are in the right/same order (name1 = Rakesh Kumar Singh, name2 = Rakesh Kumar Singh)
- If both names are in a different/jumbled order (name1 = Rakesh Kumar Singh, name2 = Singh Rakesh Kumar)
- If the match percentage of both names is above the threshold
- Names having honorifics such as Mr., Mrs. etc
- If one or both names contain initials (name1 = Rakesh Kumar Singh, name2 = R K Singh [OR] name1 = Rakesh K Singh, name2 = R K Singh)
- If both names have a match percentage below the set threshold
- If the number of words in each name does not match (i.e, first/middle/last name missing in one of the names) (name1 = Rakesh Kumar Singh, name2 = Rakesh Singh)
- If one name contains only initials (name1 = Rakesh Kumar Singh, name2 = R K S)
- If in the case of initials, the non-initial parts of the name do not match (name1 = Rakesh Kumar Singh, name2 = R K Sngh)
Please note that this feature is independent, and should you not opt for it, there will be no changes to the normal eSign flow.
You can check more on error codes you could check this link.